Now you can vote for them here :up:

**Dani**
view post Posted on 20/2/2007, 13:14

Their myspace address is changed, now is:

www.myspace.com/apocalyptica

**Dani**
view post Posted on 12/5/2007, 16:34

11 mag 2007, 00.00

Update for all fans - tour dates & first guest stars revealed for the next record!

In 2007, APOCALYPTICA will perform in the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest Final on the 12th May as Special Guests (not in the actual competition). They will bring their trailblazing brand of metal to the show's final entertainment climax, blending old hits and previewing tracks from new album in an 8 minute medley. Classical sounds merged with metal beamed out to over a 100 MILLION homes!!!!! The 2007 final continues along the direction the 2006 winners Lordi had previously marked out, promising fantasy, fun and rock. Lordi will also naturally participate in the event, opening the whole ceremony themselves with a live performance.

APOCALYPTICA also release the live DVD 'The Life Burns Tour' on May the 14th across the UK, support Metallica on July 15th in Helsinki, and are building up to the release of the Jacob Hellner (Rammstein)produced next record, which is set for release in September (TBC). This much anticipated album will feature a whole host of incredible guest stars who are at the forefront of the hard rock/metal scene including Corey Taylor, Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Tomoyasu Hotei (superstar Japanese composer, whose credits include the Kill Bill soundtrack), Joseph Duplantier (Gojira), Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) and MANY more to be announced in the coming weeks...

Cheers, Apo Management

**Dani**
view post Posted on 19/7/2007, 11:23

19 lug 2007

Worlds Collide out on September 17th!

Apocalyptica has announced the worldwide release of their 6th studio album - Worlds Collide - on September 17th The first track from the album, "I'm Not Jesus" features Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour. "I'm Not Jesus" will be available September 3 (August 31 in Germany).

Special guests on Worlds Collide include: Corey Taylor, Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Tomoyasu Hotei, Joseph Duplantier (Gojira), Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) and more to be announced soon!

Stay tuned for more news from the band and check out the new video right here on Myspace!

Best, Apo Management

LadyMaeve
view post Posted on 19/7/2007, 13:18

Thanks!!!

**Dani**
view post Posted on 30/7/2007, 19:23

30 lug 2007

Message from Eicca

Hi all!

just hold the mastered version of our new album Worlds Collide in my hands for the first time.
I want to write you few lines as I think most of you are really looking forward to hear what have been happening in the Apocalyptica family during last year...????
I must say the creation of this album was an exciting journey, starting last August with band rehearsals for the very first new songs (any of those didn't get through to the finals...;-) working hard the entire autumn and winter on pre-production (writing, rehearsing, arranging etc...). Stepping into the studio in February - finishing recordings in early June and all this mixing and mastering since then drives us absolutely insane... And now having the feeling that it was all worth that as we are now able to present clearly the best Apocalyptica so far!!! (at least in our ears ;-)
I know some fans are scared on having so many vocals etc. on the album but from our perspective it brings more colours and emotional levels to the whole picture. But we'll let everyone to make their own experience and hope you beeing able to share the joy and excitement on creating this new music!!!!!!
While you are waiting to hear this new stuff we are putting together all remaining power into the work on our upcoming tour as we are all hungry to get on road to perform new songs and see YOU again. As there are only European dates announced so far - don't worry - we are planning to tour our asses off for next two years... as usual. So please be patient, its impossible to come to every country at the same time, yours will be in the tour scedule sooner or later!!!!!!!!!

Take care all the best for everyone!!!!!
And see you soon!!!!

Eicca and the rest of the Apocalyptica family

Otsu-san
view post Posted on 1/8/2007, 11:34

Eiccaaaaaa :wub: :wub: :sbav: :rulez:

mozart68
view post Posted on 1/8/2007, 11:44

"have been happening" ?????? :o: :o:

LadyMaeve
view post Posted on 1/8/2007, 11:46

CITAZIONE (mozart68 @ 1/8/2007, 12:44)
"have been happening" ?????? :o: :o:

-_- No one can use the third person anymore...not even him... -_- -_-

**Dani**
view post Posted on 1/8/2007, 17:39

From their bulletin:

1 ago 2007 16.53

I'm Not Jesus on MTV Germany
For all of you that wanna watch the video in the good old television:
MTV „Brandneu“ (Germany) will show the Clip tomorrow at around 11 pm.....

Switch on!

Cheers
Apo Management

**Dani**
view post Posted on 2/8/2007, 13:57

Message from Perttu:

02 ago 2007

colliding worlds...you better should watch out!!!

well,hello once again sweetheats and loads of love and other positive feelings from up here to down there...!!!
(funny that i like to use this impression,eventhough there's probably many who are higher than me.at least geologically...hehe)
but it sounds nice..so high...up and down,in and out... ;)

worlds collide...what the hell is it??? oh yeah,now i remember...it is something with what we worked like 12 months...so called music album.a cd.a record.a claydisc...whatever you wish to call it.
what worlds there are colliding i will not tell,since that is something everyone feels when they hear...hähäää...i'm really sorry that you must wait still some time to be able to grasp it.but probably it is worth waiting for.

satisfaction guaranteed.
unfortunately i cannot promise cash refundals if it doesn't cause you any good vibes,but luckily there's no need for that because it will anyhow kick your sweet butts!
wheather you like it or not,there's no way you can be without loving it!!!
-da overall paradox in this band... ;)

???

öh.juu...(what?) yeah....

simply: i think it is good.

the session was..oh gosh...long and hard as ****

now when all is over and you hear the result it is easier to understand and accept the sufferings that it was at the worst times,but when the process was on...day after day,week after another...months following each others...(luckily not lifetimes!)
sometimes it felt that the task is impossible,that our energies are just gone.nothing left.nada.tack och adjö...
but,basically we raised each others up when someone was falling.and finally got into the goal.
not in one piece.but at least got in there...

we worked the whole spring in stockholm,sweden,scandinavia..had a great time in there.
with our producer we reached once again totally new levels in our music and way of playing our music and in way of playing overall and still something that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the music but you still can hear it.

the keyword for the stuff was that there needs to be the right mood.
and to find the right mood..woah..that was sometimes difficult!
there were couple of songs we re-did like 3 or 4 times.some parts even 5 times.(anyhow we re-did all of the songs,and many times)

because of...

some new idea came in after two weeks break and it was better to play that again.and once the new track was there we found out that all the earlier stuff is not living in a good symbiosis with this new s**t..so...everything had to be done again.cool. :)
or,that we already have had a finished song with only vocals missing...and again.once the voice came there,we needed to re-record the cellos to have a right relation in between all the different parts.
or...after a month's break,Jacob listened some song which was supposed to be "ready"...-yeah,guys...i think this sounds now so good that we should do it again...
!!! hilfe!!! yeah,the mood...and groove...

but...everything must end someday,even the nicest thing...and then came the moment that all the songs were recorded and we finally were able to have a cold beer in a terrace.
(well,the truth is that we were able to have 3 beers during the spring,so,let's not fall into depression.)
or maybe the true truth is something different.

-"mother,what is this thing,beer"??? 8/

summer came.so did i.eh...
i mean,songs went into mixing and everything was mastered a week ago or something.

once again it could be good moment to list few things that has been very important or meaningful in the process,to get it done.or things that has influenced for the life to be as it is at the moment...

hmm...

yes...

we wouldn't have survived without

-brotherly love.me and paavo got closer to each others on our wonderful boat-trips together there and back...well,what more can i tell....oh yes,i am still a man.
-Läkerol (it is a special candy for a throat) very good and addicting.eicca alone ate probably 200 boxes of these in during these 4 months in sverige.
-beverages that increases your vigour and muscles and stamina...
-painkillers

doping.
and celibacy.
there is this ancient phrase "a horny musician is better than...(i don't remember the ending)"
so...actually our tactics were pretty similar to english soccer-team.

incidents:

i did hurt my finger(left hand forefinger) pretty baaaaadly in Los Angeles when we were shooting(bang bang) the Jesus-video in there in may... :(
ligaments and some muscles went like &%"** '*%"%€&* and "€%­3>;?´9** ....
so...i have had to stay without playing for over two months already and it still will take time before i'm fully in condition,but at least i begin to be optimistic with the healing,so,i should be ok when the tours begin...

where we come into an interesting subject:

touring
oh boy.oh girl.
quite a few gigs in autumn...looks great!
we all are very excited to get back on road again,since it is so long time from the last tours...we have happily forgotten how hard it is,and we are so young and vital(this is a joke)

we did one gig in japan in may(my finger was already kaput in there,so i am sorry for the couple of wrong notes)
and despite of the pain it was so cool to be in front of the audience again that yes...cannot definitely wait for getting on stage...
plan is to do this european piece now,then to states next spring...festivals...and who knows what all will the life bring ahead.
but we will come again to as many places as it ever is possible.so be patient.there just ain't time to be all around at the same moment :)

now one period is behind and a new is about to begin;

we all should enjoy the rest of this summer,eat enough icecream and beans.

and rest now,because you'll gonna need all your strength when the apocalyptic-storm will hit upon you!!!! HA-HA-HAAA!!!! (trying to sound mighty and frightening-most likely failing badly)

: /

get smashed in between the colliding worlds and stay tuned for further info.
-and to the end all the beautiful words that are polite to say when people are heading to different directions...
so long!
so short!

all hail kungens kurva!!!
-peace and love

perttu

72 replies since 22/5/2006, 18:00   427 views