Somewhere Around APOCALYPTICA

Tribute to APOCALYPTICA, Apocalyptic Suite by Damien ARIBERT

« Older   Newer »
damguitar
TOPIC_ICON10  view post Posted on 14/7/2007, 20:22

Hello, my name is Damien ARIBERT, I'm a french classical guitar teacher and compositor and of course fan of metal music and Apocalyptica's music. I have written 4 years ago a suite for 4 cellos, "Suite Apocalyptique" ("Apocalyptic Suite") in 4 movements:

- Accident de voiture (Car accident)
- Derniers instants... (Last moments...)
- Cérémonie (Ceremony)
- Ange Gardien (Guardian Angel)

This music is dedicated to Apocalyptica and to one of my best friends who died in a car accident 4 years ago and before his death he just discovered Apocalyptica music and found that very great.

I put some examples below (pictures and sounds - except 2nd movement which is very bad played); the interpretation is not very good (unfortunately, this is the only one I have because it has been played just one time) but I hope it will give you a little idea. This piece is published, and you can find it here http://www.petitpage.fr/frame_EN.html

I hope you will enjoy and I wish you a nice listening.

COVER

BIO

ABOUT THIS SUITE

1st movment page 1

1st movment page 2

2nd movment page 1

3rd movment page 1

4th movment page 1

MP3 FILES:

1st movment mp3

3rd movment mp3

4th movment mp3

You can send me PM on the Apocalyptica official forum or talk about that in this topic

Bye!

EDIT: I have veryfied, the links look like good; anyway, if you had problem, go to MY PERSONNAL PAGE
and if a window is on the screen:
username: ghost
password: ghost

EDIT2: Midi file version of my compo arranged for 4 cellos and drums. enjoy! ;-)

1- Car accident (midi file version - 4 cellos and drums)

2- Last moments... (midi file version - 4 cellos and drums)

3- Ceremony (midi file version - 4 cellos and drums)

4- Guardian Angel (midi file version - 4 cellos and drums)

Edited by damguitar - 14/12/2007, 02:14

**Dani**
view post Posted on 14/7/2007, 21:22

Hello Damien image
I'll listen to it, I promise :up:

damguitar
view post Posted on 14/7/2007, 21:29

Thank you! ^_^

**Dani**
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 22:42

I' ve listened to them and I like them :up:
It's a marvellous way to remember and keep alive your friend in your heart. I can perfectly understand you, many years ago I've lost two very good friends of mine...I'll never forget them...

damguitar
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:02

Many thanks to you Dani, it's very kind. I just edit the first post and put the sounds and pictures of my composition for people who don't want or don't have time to go to the official forum. And to finnish I'm very sorry, I don't speak Italian, and it's a big regret because it's one of the most beatiful tongue of the world; when italian peolple speak, it tolls like music. Many thanks again!

**Dani**
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:11

Thanks very much! ^_^

damguitar
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:29

Dani, can you help me please? I try to post the pictures of my composition but I have some problems... I don't understand because I have posted the same pictures with the same links on the others forums about Apocalyptica....

**Dani**
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:37

For this forum you have to use the imageshack "thumbnail for forums (1)" code, maybe the other forums need a different imageshack code :boh:

damguitar
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:42

Yes, but I have made it here and it doesn't take effect because it doesn't want post my message.... How can I do?

**Dani**
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:44

If you want, I can try to do it :)

damguitar
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:55

Yes, no problem. If you want, I can send you the picture by email if it's easier! :si: :si:
Thank you!

**Dani**
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:57

No thanks, I try with the linking codes of the ones you posted on the Official Forum :si: ...where do you prefer that I try to put them? After "I hope you will enjoy and I wish you a nice listening." ?

damguitar
view post Posted on 15/7/2007, 23:58

yes, it's perfect! ;-)

**Dani**
view post Posted on 16/7/2007, 00:06

Take a look now :) (and please don't ask me why it has worked for me and not for you...I have no idea :ph34r: )

damguitar
view post Posted on 16/7/2007, 00:14

Thank you dani, it's very cool and very kind of you!! :abbraccio: :clap: But I don't understand and can't explain why it hadn't taken any effect... it's very mysterious. Excuse me for having wasted your time for me....
Thank you very much again Dani! ;-)

Edited by damguitar - 16/7/2007, 15:47

54 replies since 14/7/2007, 20:22   646 views